With so many remote workers today, staying in touch requires more than just a smartphone. Demanding schedules, unexpected disruptions, and constantly changing customer and partner needs can make remote work a real challenge. With so much going on right now, you need employees to be available, responsive and quick to act. We simply don’t have time to be out of touch with co-workers.
While most employees have smartphones, research shows that meaningful communication and collaboration with off-site workers can present a challenge. Quite simply, far too many remote workers don’t feel connected to their organisations. As a result, productivity and communication suffer.
Connect your team in a meaningful way.
What does it mean to be connected? It means being able to:
- Speak with, meet, and engage with employees and coworkers when needed
- Work and collaborate with them in a way that makes everyone productive
- Easily share information while keeping it secured.
Yet, according to a survey of 500 remote workers in the U.S.,1 this sort of connection isn’t all that easy:
- 84% said that working remotely means they can’t collaborate effectively
- 43% claimed they lack the information they need to complete their work
- 54% reported that being away from the office diminishes their productivity
If employees aren’t getting what they need, then companies need to find ways to make it happen, especially with our current challenges. But how can we do that?